Saturday, February 19, 2011

East Coast Trip 2011 - Welcome Aboard!

Dear East Coast trip family,


In less than two months, we will depart for our big adventure to New York City, Philadelphia, Gettysburg, and Washington, DC.  I love historical travel and I'm very excited to see some of our nation’s historical landmarks and greatest treasures.  I am especially excited to share these treasures with your son or daughter this April.


As I indicated to many families at the end of last school year, I spent a lot of time from last spring until now NOT communicating with you.  This is because I wanted to wait until we were 100% certain of everyone going on our trip.  I didn't want to start sending out e-mails, getting kids excited, and signing up roommates while our roster was still in flux.  We literally had last-minute roster changes up to and including last week, but the good news is we now know FOR CERTAIN who is going on our exciting adventure, so it's now time for me to let you know about two important dates:


Wednesday, February 23, lunch, my classroom (D-6) – ROOMMATE meeting

This is what so many students have been waiting for!  Bring your lunch, and meet everyone who is going on the trip.  We have 26 girls going on the trip (five rooms of four; two rooms of three) and 12 boys (exactly three rooms of four).  We will start with an icebreaker to get to know everyone, and then we’ll get down to the business of choosing roommates.  You bring your lunch; I’ll provide dessert.  Please arrive by 11:50 a.m.


Tuesday, March 22, 7:00pm, Rio Norte Library – Pre-Departure Meeting

Organized by USA Student Travel, and hosted by both myself and our tour company rep, this meeting will go over the specifics of the trip.  We finally get to see our exact itinerary, hotel and flight information.  Now that we know for sure everyone who is going on the trip, our tour company is working hard right now to get us the very best flights and hotels possible.  This meeting is MANDATORY for the traveling student and at least one parent/guardian to attend.


Here is my very IMPORTANT request right now:  please e-mail me back just to simply say, “Yes, you have the right e-mail address, Mr. Ippolito.”  I will be using e-mail quite a bit from this point on, not only to share important trip information with you, but also to share photos and trip updates with parents while we’re back East.  It’s very important that I have an e-mail address that your family checks regularly.  Also, please let me know if you like to add an additional e-mail address (other parent, child going on trip) to get all this information as well.


If you ever miss one of these e-mails, it gets accidentally deleted, or you wonder if maybe you missed one, you can see an archive of every message on my East Coast Trip website, http://ipptrip.blogspot.com/.  In the coming weeks, this website will be full of other great resources, too, including trip photos and real-time trip updates.  You can also stay connected to the trip on Twitter and Facebook.  You can "Like" our trip page at http://www.facebook.com/IppTrip or follow on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/IppTrip.  Finally, you can get updates sent to you as a text message on your cell phone by texting the words follow ipptrip to 40404.

 

This is a big trip, and you are placing your child into my care for a week.  Please feel free to e-mail me at rippolito@gmail.com (this is the e-mail address I check wherever I go) or call or text message me directly at (661) 347-4990 if you ever have any questions about the trip.

 

Cheers,

Ron Ippolito

No comments: