Thursday, March 29, 2012

East Coast Trip – Second-to-last e-mail

Just a couple of quick things for kids and parents:

Wear your blue USA shirt tomorrow.  If you forget it, I have a couple extras, but it may not be your size, so it’s best just to wear your own. We will be wearing this shirt for over 24 hours before we arrive at our first hotel. For this reason, I STRONGLY urge that you take a shower when you get home from school tomorrow so you’re at your freshest when we fly out ESPECIALLY if you have PE and you’re doing the River Hawk Walk tomorrow.  We’ll all be grateful that everyone is fresh and clean when we have to share an airplane and a bus together.

Do a final packing check.  Batteries and chargers are the most frequently forgotten-at-home accessories on this trip.  Go through your whole packing list and check and double check.  I already have mine laid out on “The Table.” :-)

Let’s keep in touch. Once the trip begins, I will no longer be sending out these regular broadcast e-mails to parents (you may get just one or two, or maybe not).  Instead, I will be posting regular updates on the blog, Twitter, and Facebook.   Check from work, check from home, my goal is to post a trip update every 4-6 hours (probably more than that).  These links are great to share with family and friends (grandmas love my blog!).  There are a number of ways to follow the “Ipp Trip”:

Blog – http://www.ipptrip.com
Follow us on Twitter – http://twitter.com/IppTrip
“Like” our trip on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/IppTrip

Check the weather lately?  If you've been watching the weather (forecast links to our destinations are available on my blog), you’ll see some very typical East Coast weather for early spring: cold and rain. Be prepared for this weather. I strongly suggest caps and gloves. Weather forecasts can change, too, so be prepared for warmer weather just in case. Layer.

I said "second-to-last" e-mail because I imagine there will be one final one late tonight.  See you tomorrow in the Rio Norte front parking lot by 5:30 p.m.! Remember to park under the solar panels and NOT in the red zone. Thanks so much!

RVI

No comments: