Sunday, March 29, 2009

East Coast Trip - Final weekend before the trip!

As promised, here is the information I said I would give you this weekend:

Chaperone groups - As I mentioned to you in my last e-mail, Ms. Jenny Bretthauer is now joining us on the tour.  All students who were in Ms. Sternberg's chaperone group will now be in Ms. Bretthauer's group.  If you still don't know who your chaperone is, come see me any time this week in my classroom.

Medication - As I mentioned at the predeparture meeting, if you have meds you will give them to us Friday evening before we board the coach.  To keep things simple, let's have BOYS' parents give meds to MR. IPPOLITO and have GIRLS' parents give meds to MRS. IPPOLITO.  Place meds in a quart-size bag clearly labeled on the outside with your child's name.  Inside the bag, please include a signed letter or note authorizing us to administer how many of the meds and how often (once daily, twice daily, as needed, in case of allergic reaction, etc).  If it's a medication your child will keep with them (eyedrops, topical cream, or life-saving meds such as an epi-pen), please let me know--if you haven't already indicated it on the emergency medical form.  If you have any questions, ask me.

Interactive itinerary - Kudos to Mrs. Ippolito for tracking down web links for every place on our itinerary.  She rocks!  You can access the interactive itinerary (with some of my added sparkling commentary, of course) to learn more about the places we'll visit by logging on to the blog and clicking on NEW! - INTERACTIVE ITINERARY! under HELPFUL LINKS on the right-hand side of the blog, at http://trippolito.blogspot.com 

Luggage tags - If you'd like instructions and a helpful sample, I scanned my luggage tags so you can see what they should look like.  Check out the link on the blog at http://trippolito.blogspot.com 

Health coverage - I know this got a little confusing at the predeparture meeting, so let me clarify:  if your child gets sick or injured on the trip, you as the parent will be notified immediately.  If medical treatment is required, we will use your family's health insurance first (as indicated on your Emergency Medical Release form).  Whatever co-payments or additional costs above and beyond your health coverage will be paid for by our tour company thanks to the 24-hour accident and health coverage included in the cost of your tour.  Your child is 100% covered.

Parking - Again, please park in one of the designated parking spaces in the front of the school.  Do NOT park in the red zone, as this is where our coach will be coming in.

Starting right after my wife's scrapbook night tomorrow evening, I'm going to clear off one of our cropping tables and convert it to my packing table.  Using my packing list, I will start laying out all the clothing, accessories, and everything else I need to pack, checking items off as I place them on the table.  By starting the packing process tomorrow evening, and doing a little each day, I'm hoping to make for a calm Friday afternoon.  Finally, if you have been watching the weather as I have, you'll know we're going to run into at least a little rain while we're back there.  Please be prepared.

Did I miss anything?  If so, give me a holler.  Otherwise, I'll see you Friday.  What time do you arrive?  No later than . . . 6:45!  I plan for the coach to roll at 7:00 p.m.

RVI

No comments: