Saturday, April 3, 2010

East Coast Trip - Second-to-last e-mail

Just a couple of quick things for kids and adults:

 

Wisdom from the past.  I e-mailed last year’s parents to see if they had any advice for you, and we’ve already gotten some GREAT tips.  You can check them out on the blog.

 

Wear your blue USA shirt tomorrow.  If you forget it, I have a couple extras, but it may not be your size, so it’s best just to wear your own.   Yes, of course, wear a jacket or sweatshirt over it if you’re cold, but your blue shirt should still be underneath.  If you pack a different shirt in your carry-on, you’ll be able to change into it after you finish breakfast Monday morning.


Do a final packing check.  Batteries and chargers are the most frequently forgotten-at-home accessories on this trip.  Go through your whole packing list and check and double check.  I already have mine laid out on “The Table.” :-)

 

Let’s keep in touch. Once the trip begins, I will no longer be sending out these broadcast e-mails to parents.  Instead, I will be posting regular updates on the blog.  These updates will include a collection of photos each evening.  Check from work, check from home, my goal is to post a trip update every four hours or so.  There are a number of ways to follow us:

 

Blog – http://trippolito.blogspot.com

Follow us on Twitter – http://twitter.com/IppTrip

Become a Facebook Fan – http://www.facebook.com/IppTrip


Check the weather lately?  If you've been watching the weather (forecast links to all our destinations are available on my blog), it looks like it will be unseasonably warm on the East Coast, which is great!  Before you abandon all your cold-weather clothing, though, just keep in mind that we do lots of walking around outside in the early mornings and late in the evenings, when it’s supposed to be in the 40s and 50s, so you should still plan to layer your clothing.  I highly doubt we’ll get a winter blizzard, but I’m still preparing for the possibility of rain.

 

Luggage captains - I have already had three students volunteer to be luggage captains, and I need just one more.  E-mail me if you’re interested.

 

I say this is the "second-to-last" e-mail because I imagine there will be one final one later tonight.  See you in about 30 hours!


RVI

No comments: