Friday, April 10, 2009

East Coast Adventure wrap-up

Thank you again to our East Coast Trip parents for being so supportive and helpful in making our trip safe, fun, educational, and memorable.  Thank you to our chaperones:  Mr. Martinez, Ms. Reinhold, Miss Bretthauer, and the lovely Mrs. Ippolito for all their help in keeping kids safe, for counting so many times (. . . 41, 42 . . . 43, OK we have them all!) and for reminding students that they are proudly representing their families and representing Rio Norte with their good manners and citizenship.  I think our chaperones' greatest strength was that each was a role model and an example of good character for all our kids.

Thank you to our students.  For as frustrating and annoying as some of the behaviors were in the first couple days of our trip, after a few conferences with students and a handful of e-mails and phone calls to parents, we all settled into "a groove" with each other and the last four days went great.  I was especially proud of our students in Washington, DC.  While other middle and high school students from other groups were chasing each other around monuments and memorials, smacking gum in cemeteries, and texting in museums, our students were polite, thankful, and respectful.  We were praised by several adults along our travels for how well-mannered and polite we were.

Most impressive throughout the whole trip was that our students were so ON TIME.  This promptness, the best I have seen out of all these East Coast trips I have done, meant that we were able to see more and do more than any other student group I have traveled with.

The Day 6 photos are now online, and I was able to capture a few videos from our trip as well.  You can check out the videos here:

I will have over 1,000 photos from my camera and Mrs. Ippolito's camera burned to a disc and ready to give to your child by Tuesday, April 14 (if you come to visit me in my classroom on Monday, April 13, you can wish me a happy birthday, but I probably will not have your disc ready yet, so just give me one more day back in my classroom).  Also available for pickup will be your child's student ID card.  Hanna Kerby, I found your disposable camera.  E-mail me, and we'll figure out a way to get that, and your photo disc, to you.

Anything I missed?  If so, let me know.  Thanks for a great trip!

Cheers,
Mr. Ippolito

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Ippolito, many thanks to you and all of the chaperones for taking our kidlets on this incredible experience! Im so pleased to hear that they were so well-behaved! My daughter had a great time (except for the air sickness), but was happy to be coming back home. We look forward to getting a copy of the disc and thank you for THAT as well! Hope you have an excellent birthday and spectacular year. I know my Celine wants to bring you along to high school! Thank you again for being such a great role model. Jan Clark