Thursday, April 2, 2009

East Coast Trip - The second-to-last e-mail

OK, here are just some few last-minute things I've been thinking of:

Attendance on Friday - I think it's important to be at school Friday.  First of all, I don't think the school would let me continue my trip if tons of kids kept turning up absent.  Second, Hey, I'm going to school!  And third, I don't think it's a good idea to stay at home and sleep/lounge all day.  You WANT to be tired by Friday night.  You want to get some sleep on the plane.  Taking a three-hour nap in the middle of the afternoon will just throw your sleep pattern off even more, I think.  Stay healthy, eat well, get a good night's sleep Thursday night, but don't spend all Friday napping.

To reward those who come to school Friday - I am going to hold a drawing.  You must come see me in person sometime on Friday (brunch or lunch) to enter yourself into the drawing.  The winning student will receive an "I HEART NY" t-shirt when we arrive on Saturday.  Hanna and Lucas, since you don't attend Rio Norte, I'm going to assume you are going to your respective school on Friday and enter your name into the drawing.  I'll announce the winner when we're on the coach heading down to LAX.

Weather reminder - If you've been checking the weather, it looks like it's going to be in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, with a bit of rain here and there.  Be prepared!

Luggage captains - I have had one strong student (thank you, Lucas) volunteer to be a luggage captain.  Marc, I've heard a rumor you're interested, too.  If anyone else is interested, come see me.

Name badge preference - If you have a preferred nickname that you'd like on your name badge other than the name that is officially on my roster, let me know.  If it doesn't matter whether you are "Katrina" or "Katie," "Christopher" or "Chris," then don't worry about it.

I said "second-to-last" e-mail because I imagine there will be one final one later Thursday afternoon/evening.  See you in about 40 hours!

RVI

--
Ron Ippolito
Rio Norte Junior High School
rippolito@gmail.com

No comments: